Hello! Are you ready for the next pose in the Sun Salutation series? This is personally my nemesis pose and while some days I can just slip into it – other days are a real struggle. Uttanasana is a daily reminder to…
Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
Benefits of Uttanasana:
- Relaxes the central nervous system, and helps calm the mind
- Helps relieve stress and mild depression
- Stimulates the liver and kidneys
- Stretches the hamstrings, calves, and hips
- Strengthens the thighs and knees
- Massages your internal organs and helps improves digestion and cleanses mucous from the lungs
- Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause
- Reduces fatigue and anxiety
- Therapeutic for asthma, high blood pressure, infertility, osteoporosis, and sinusitis
- Helps reduces headaches, fatigue, insomnia
That is SO MUCH GOOD folks!! Wow! All in a little bitty forward fold. Yoga is awesome.
Modifications for Uttanasana if you have a BACK INJURY is to do this pose with bent knees and hands supporting on the thighs. Try placing your hands on the wall, legs perpendicular to your torso, and arms parallel to the floor.
Always work within your own range of limits and abilities. If you have any medical concerns i.e. high blood pressure, late term pregnancy or an eye or inner ear infection, talk with your doctor before practicing this pose.
Enjoy the benefits of this delicious pose, let me know how it went for you and please share the love!
So much love to you!